5 Feb 2009

The word Nutella has lost its meaning....


Happy World Nutella Day! What a wonderful day celebrating a wonderful spread, happy times. Today is a day for getting saucy with Nutella, bake with it, spread it on your toast or simply (and this is my favorite) eat it straight from the jar, yum! Check out today's hosts Ms Adventures in Italy and Bleeding Espresso for more Nutella based fun!

Today is yet another snow day for most of the country but to me, it's just my day off from uni so I thought I'd try and find something I've never tried before. After much scouring of the world wide web all i could really find was Nutella Muffins or Brownies, all of which I've made before, then inspiration struck in the most obvious of places, the Nutella website. Why on earth didn't I try that first?! For some reason the recipe I chose was listed under Summer, I think this is much more of a Winter treat. Heavy bread slathered in Nutella, perfect for those cold mornings!

Of course I didn't have and Nutella to hand, which is odd considering I usually have an arsenal of the stuff at my disposal, only Green and Blacks chocolate spread which just wouldn't do. Of to the shops I went and the walk was actually rather pleasant despite the weather, probably had something to do with the lovely Iron and Wine songs on my current ipod rotation.

So, my contribution to this, the most hallowed of days (in my opinion) is this Nutella Swirl Ring! Not only does it look pretty, but it tastes like a continental breakfast while holidaying in Eastern Europe. The smell transported me straight back to Prague.


I think I may well submit this to Yeastspotting, it's been a while.

12 comments:

Shari@Whisk: a food blog said...

Wow, that looks good!

Elra said...

Goodness me Katie, this look absolutely delicious. I'll check on the link. I really want to make this.
Cheers,
Elra

Antonia said...

Oh my word. That looks absolutely divine. I can't believe that I missed out on Nutella day. I may have to celebrate a day late!

Natashya said...

That looks so good! I love the ring style, elegant and delish!

mybakingheart said...

Yummy, yummy, yummy!! :) I'll have to try this... it's beautiful!

Margaret said...

That looks really amazing. Well done to you - I think I will have a virtual slice please.

Lael said...

Nutella Day...what a wonderful concept!

This ring looks gorgeous, by the way. Great job!

Michelle said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Sounds like winter to me too and I might have to make this one!

Susan said...

What a fabulous treat for Nutella lovers!

Nicisme said...

Oooh, yum! Great entry.

Elle said...

Looks so pretty with the dark and light...great job!

Cousin B said...

Yummy, Yummy, Yummy! I love Nutella! On anything! My favorite is warm toast in the morning.