5 May 2009

So neglectful!

I feel dreadful for neglecting you, dear blog of mine but I've been awful busy with horrid uni work and not so horrid birthday fun!

Yep, I'm now the hideous age of 26, closer to 30 than 20? That's me! To detract from my impending maturity, I decided to celebrate this years milestone by throwing a pop stars themed birthday party. It was a roaring success with visits from Katy Perry, Axel Rose, George Michael, Lady Gaga and not to mention Hannah Montana (yep, that was me). The house was packed out with famous lookalikes, what my neighbors must have thought is beyond me, and much alcohol was consumed. A whole bottle of pink gin saw me unable to get out of bed the following day, not my finest moment!

Here are a few of the treats I whipped up for the occasion, it's a good job I took photos when I did because they barely made it past the first few arrivals!



Chocolate cupcakes with strawberry butter cream topped with chocolate covered strawberries. (I got the idea for these from flickr)



Chocolate cupcakes with vanilla butter cream with Oreo crumbs topped with an Oreo cookie.



And last of all, my birthday cake. A giant cupcake iced with vanilla butter cream. We got too drunk to cut this and it's currently a museum piece in my kitchen....

13 comments:

Maria♥ said...

Happy belated birthday!! Sounds like you had a fantastic time and those bakes look amazing. I adore the giant cupcake!

Maria
x

Mermaid Sweets said...

Happy B-day - 30 isn't so bad, some of the time - lol! The cupcakes look great, love the strawberry ones, how decadent.

Cristine said...

Happy belated birthday! I said the same thing last September when I turned 26... closer to 30 than 20! HA HA!

Your treats look amazing!

Amanda at Little Foodies said...

Happy belated birthday too... I think I remember saying something similar when I was the wrong side of 20. I'm now the wrong side of 30... Thanks for reminding me of that... Beautiful looking cakes!!

Jules said...

Happy Birthday! THe cakes look wonderful. Glad you had a great party.

The Bahens said...

I turned 30 this year, and yes, it is a bummer. Your cupcakes look so yummy, especially the strawberry-topped ones. Happy Birthday!

The Bahens said...

If you email me your address, I'll send you a few bags of butterscotch chips as a b-day present!

speedylu at gmail dot com

Katiecakes said...

Thanks for all the birthday wishes guys :D

And Lulu, that's so super nice of you! I'll get right on it ;)

xox

Stephy said...

Happy Belated birthday. That first cake looked absolutely divine. Hope you had a fantastic day.

Michele said...

Happy Birthday! The cupcakes are gorgeous!

Ingrid said...

Happy Birthday! Everything looks delish!!
~ingrid

Antonia said...

Happy Birthday to you! Love the oreo cakes - they look delicious. And the giant cupcake is fantastic!

Jaime said...

those are soooooooo cute!!