25 Sep 2009

Go nuts for Donuts!

Today was my last day at work. 8 years of my life, 2 milestone birthdays, many ups and many downs, through it all the only stability was working in a music community centre. It was the only thing I ever stuck at, till now. At first I was sad, but remembering I was moving on to bigger and better things I grew excited, butterflies started fluttering and in the end I walked through the doors of The Soundroom with a big smile on my face. You had a huge influence on my growing up and helped sculpt me into the adult I am today. I'll miss you!


My working day drew to an end at 12.30pm and my original plan for the rest of the afternoon was for me to attack my garden fence with pretty coloured Ronseal. Unfortunately, while walking home in the blustery autumn air I soon saw the error of my plans and decided to instead, make doughnuts! I bought the most darling little doughnut tin a few days a go and haven't been able to stop thinking about, looking at or talking about those little sugary treats.



Aren't they cute? I just can't stop looking at them, almost too adorable to eat.....almost.

Baked Doughnuts!

225g plain flour
1tsp vanilla extract
175g caster sugar
1tbsp melted butter
2tsp baking powder
175ml milk
2 large eggs beaten
1/2tsp salt

Preheat oven to 160C and prepare the doughnut pan by brushing a little cooking oil in each hole.

Combine all the ingredients and mix well. Pour mixture into each hole, filling them to around half full. Bake in the centre of the oven for 15 minutes.

Allow to cool, remove from pan and have fun decorating!

21 comments:

Nora said...

Yum yum yum, they look just fabulous. So cute and delicious. I think I need to add donut tin to my kitchen wishlist as they look like such fun to make.

Chele said...

Oooooooooooh - this post has made me want to dust off my doughnut tin, I bought it to make a WW version of them, which were horrible and I've never used it since! Thanks Katie ;0)

Snooky doodle said...

oh these donuts are adorable! so cute!

Me and My Pink Mixer said...

They are so pretty! I love the idea of a baked donut....makes me feel less guilty about eating them :) They look delicious too!!

Rosy said...

Ooo, I love them! They're just too cute. Loving all the glittery toppings. So so pretty! x

Natashya KitchenPuppies said...

Those are the prettiest donuts I have ever seen! I just want to kiss them.. and then eat them. Lovely cake stand too - just perfect for the donuts.

Mrs. G said...

Very cute! Good luck on a new phase in your life.

lakegirl16 said...

The donuts look soooooo good!

Congratulations on the new chapter in your life.

cindy* said...

i love the variety of sprinkles! so cute!

nipitinthebud said...

brillllliant. I've been following your blog for a while and love the fact that everything is mini-sized. It's the perfect way of ensuring my husband doesn't try and get through an entire family sized cake ('yes dear, I know you can but..')
all the best with what you choose to do next - be sure to have some down time in between x

ginger@dinnerdiary.org said...

These are so pretty, almost too good to eat (but not quite!)

Jules said...

You realise I'm now going to have to find a doughnut pan ;) They look fantastic!

Katie said...

So cute yet so divine. I have a doughnut pan but never used it. You've inspired me to dig it out.

Andrew's Mom said...

Can you please tell me where you got that gorgeous stand?

the twins said...

those are so adorable! i'm impressed with your decorating skills =)

karl's sweet child said...

thanks for this posting, very inspiring..will make them soon after i get doughnut pan :)

rookie baker said...

will make these soon, thanks for the recipe :)

margot said...

Those are beautiful, too pretty to eat!

Michele said...

I love doughnuts. These look just amazing! Wow!

marla {Family Fresh Cooking} said...

These doughnuts are so cute and I love that they are baked!! Must try this recipe. Your blog is so cute!

marla {Family Fresh Cooking} said...

These doughnuts are so cute and I love that they are baked!! Must try this recipe. Your blog is so cute!