photo m

Pages

21 Sep 2009

Sweet Melissa Mondays, yet again.

Wow, this day late thing is turning into quite the habit! I would have posted these earlier but my Sunday was spent at my mums making Sunday lunch while my boy helped my step dad fix the garage door. But, we fixed, we ate, we made Eton Mess, we slept. And after all, isn't that what Sundays are all about?


So here they are, a day late but shh! I'll be on time next week, I promise. This weeks recipe was chosen by Robin of Lady Craddock's Bakery (I love the name of that blog, don't you?), how she remains as fantastically buff as she does after making all those delicious treats is beyond me. Robin, may I please have your secret, my butt is increasing steadily! Robin chose a treat very dear to my heart, scones, orange scented scones to be precise. Scones are the quintessential English treat and the perfect accompaniment to afternoon tea which, in my humble opinion, should be a part of your everyday daily ritual! Gather together the scones, clotted cream, jam, pair with a beautifully brewed cup of tea and a good book and there you have it, heaven!

I added chocolate chips as orange just doesn't seem right without a smidgen of chocolatey goodness. As per, don't forget to check out the SMS girls for more delightful scones.

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

20 comments:

Flourchild said...

Yahoo there here! I miss you when you don't post! But I have to agree with you on the Sunday routine..I eat and sleep most of the day too! I loved these scones and Im so glad you did too. What a great idea to add a tad touch of chocolate! Your scones look tasty!

pinkstripes said...

Your scones look beautiful. I love the shape.

Chele said...

Pop the kettle on - I'm on my way round for some of those scones with clotted cream ;0)

Susan said...

Your scones look delicious with the chocolate chips. I will add them next time!

Mrs. G said...

Your scones look great! I love the shape.

Sarah said...

I love your heart shaped scones, they look perfect and so delicious! Good call on the chocolate chips, you can never go wrong with a little added chocolate :)

Hanaâ said...

Love your heart-shaped scones, Katie. I'm glad you liked them. You're right about the chocolating thing... how can adding chocolate to anything be a bad thing?

I'll be posting my scones later today (obviously, I'm late too) :o)

lakegirl16 said...

I love the heart shaped scones, so pretty. Chocolate chips...yummy! Wish I had added them.

Melissa said...

I love that you made hearts!!

Fit Chick said...

Thanks for baking along with me this week. I give most of my baked treats away or there is no way I could make what I do, LOL. I just love your heart shaped scones and am so glad you enjoyed them!

margot said...

Oh, isn't Sunday about taking it easy? I always end up posting very late. Your scones look gorgeous, nice touch with the chocolate. I definitely agree Robin needs to pass on her training tips!

Nina said...

oh, love them! And the heart shape...so cute!

Rosy said...

Aw, the heart shape is lush. I'm really loving the choc chip idea - need to make mine again and when I do I think choc chips are the way to go x

Natashya KitchenPuppies said...

They sound wonderful! I love scones, and the heart shape is such a good idea!

Jennifer said...

GREAT job!!!! I love their shape :) The addition if chocolate chips is great. Yes, scones should be a daily ritual :)

Talita said...

How lovely! Love the shape!

Luigi said...

Great recipe!

spike. said...

so cute, love that you added chocolate!

Kaitlin said...

Clotted cream, oh, I'm so jealous! I had some on a trip to the UK before and fell in love with it but alas, you can't buy it here in Canada, as far as I know. Anyway, I digress. Your scones look lovely, and I think the orange chocolate combination sounds delicious!

Ingrid said...

I love 'em as hearts!
~ingrid