photo m

Pages

14 Feb 2010

Double Melissa

I've been naughty, very naughty indeed! I've neglected my poor Sweet Melissa cook book and more importantly, I've neglected my dear Sweet Melissa Sunday ladies. *Hangs head in shame* I do apologise my sweets, how can I ever make it up to you? I know, how about a double header, will that make you smile? I thought so ;)

Now that's out of the way let me tell you why I've been such a lazy bones. Firstly, and most importantly, I've been a poorly Katiecakes. Sore throat developed into a cold, cold developed into a chesty cough, chesty cough developed into a chest infection, you know how it goes. So I've been holed up in my teeny little house going stir crazy. My passion for all things kitchen went out of the window and I sat on the sofa eating nothing but take away's for a week and a half. Poor me! But, I'm all better now thanks to a fist full of antibiotics every day and I'm itching to get back into the kitchen.

Firstly, I'd like to say sorry specifically to Rosy of Rosy Lips and Lavender. I feel dreadful for missing your pick last week. I did bake along, I just never got round to posting those delicious red velvet morsels of nomminess! Well, I say delicious, I never actually got to eat one. I baked last weeks choice for an Alice in Wonderland themed event for Pet Lamb and decorated them like wee toadstools. Boy were they a hit! So thumbs up to Rosy, the punters couldn't get enough :D



Now, for this weeks choice Spike of Spike Bakes picked the perfect desert to follow absolutely any Valentines feast, easy chocolate mousse. I mean, who doesn't like chocolate mousse? And talk about easy, I was overjoyed with how simply the recipe came together, especially as I'm currently in the process of making a beef wellington and didn't really have the time for an overly complex desert. Hurrah for ten minute mousse!



Don't forget to have a peek at my fellow SMS girls! Now, I'm back off to see to my wellington. Happy Valentines my lovelies!

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

25 comments:

Chele said...

Great photo's - as always! I could just about eat my screen looking at your blog. Esp love the piping on the red velevet cupcakes, they look like those mushrooms you used to see in kid's story books. Truly wonderful ;0)

Susan said...

So glad to have you back. Those cupcakes are darling and the mousse looks delicious!!

lakegirl said...

Happy Valentines Day! Love, love, love the polka dot cupcakes. So cute.

k.a.r.e.n said...

Great job on both bakes! The cupcakes and the mousse look fabulous!

Peggy Clyde. said...

Love the cupcakes. How do you get your icing to be so red? Thanks for your ideas.

Sook said...

The cupcakes are so beautiful!

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

What pretty cupcakes and delicious looking mousse!

Cheers,

Rosa

Cristine said...

Your cupcakes are gorgeous and your mousse looks so creamy. YUM!

Treehouse Chef said...

Yum! I want those crystal dishes too!

Candy Girl said...

Your cupcakes are adorable and the mousse looks delish! Great job with both!

Tracey said...

Welcome back Katie! Both of your dessert look fabulous. I love the way you decorated the cupcakes! I'm so glad to hear you're finally feeling better :)

Vanillastrawberryspringfields said...

Hulo Katie...oh how did i miss a couple of ur delightful posts?.....love love love these cutey cakkeys u have here...infact am so eager to use the idea.....

Que Magnifigue este...bravo!!!!
Oh yeah....LOVE IS IN THE AIR....SO IS ROMANCE N WISHING YA ALL LOADS N LOADS OF IT @ 365

The Bahens said...

Your polka-dotted cupcakes are the cutest things ever! Great job! And the mousse looks tasty. I opted to skip it (because I'd already eaten brownies, sugar cookies, and pie that week), but I might have to go back and try it!

Jacqueline said...

I am glad you are feeling better Katie and I love both of those indulgencies! What am I saying, I always love your sweet treats. And on the subject of your sweet treats, I made your cheesecake brownies today and they are amazing. I posted about them earlier. Hope that's ok :)

noblenourishment said...

These look SO good - especially the cupcakes, they're just wonderful! And the mousse sounds like a fabulous dessert when pushed for time. Enjoy your wellington :)

Eliana said...

These both look lovely Katie! glad you're back and feeling better.

Natashya KitchenPuppies said...

So lovely! What wonderful style you have.

Nina said...

So adorable! Glad you're feeling a lot better now!

Brisbane Baker said...

Hi,

Wow, cute cupcakes!

I've just stumbled across your blog and I'm very impressed! You have alot to offer!

I might just have to follow, would be great if you did the same for me!

BB

Simply Life said...

wow! everything is so beautiful!

Rapunzel said...

Oh...swooon....I just found your blog and am so glad I did! Except for the fact that I'm sitting here at work drooling over those luscious cupcakes! Looking forward to spending more time on your blog, it's gorgeous!

Chocolate Shavings said...

Those cupcakes are just too cute, great job!

spike. said...

both look great! I have some catching up to do myself.

Neev said...

great looking red cupcakes....yeah how did u get the frosting to that red colour?

Katiecakes said...

I used food colouring paste rather than liquid. You get a more vivid colour without a horrid aftertaste :)