photo m

Pages

3 Apr 2010

Cupcakes, again?

I love cupcakes, not to eat mind you, oh no! I've never had much of a sweet tooth and cake has always ranked pretty low on my tea time treat list. There's just something about those adorable little cakes that make me so happy. I adore to bake them, peaking through my oven door to see how they rise, the way they make my house smell as they're cooling by the window and most of all, I love to decorate 'em. Armed with my trusty piping bag and nozzle I can swirl away till the cows come home. This is one of the reasons I enjoy Jeepers Peepers Burlesque night so much, it gives the Pet Lamb girls a chance to flex our decorating muscles.

This month we had a movie theme to work with and boy did we have a hoot! We had lists of flavours as long as your arm, each more elaborate and amusing as the last. Malteaser Falcon, Chocwork Orange, Cornelius Fudge Brownies, we had them all!

My very favorites were, of course, the horror themed cakes. If you know me, you know I like my gore ;)


I made these cakes especially for all you Twihards out there! Love at First Bite Twilight Cupcakes. Just a plain old vanilla cupcake filled with raspberry jam and bitten by everyones favorite vampire.


And here we have Ginger Snaps for Cupcakes. In hindsight, I probably should have called these Team Jacob Cakes, I mean, everyone should be Team Jacob!

Now, I'm off to bake yet more cupcakes for the upcoming Spring Show this weekend. High Ho!

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

8 comments:

Snooky doodle said...

nice cupcakes

Chele said...

I'm team Edward all the way [swoon!]
Love the cupcakes, I don't think they will ever be replaced in my affections by Whoopie Pies or macaroon's!

Katiecakes said...

Ahh Chele, I'm Team Jacob. Such a yummy boy!

Katie xox

daisychain said...

Love the cupcakes, I'm like you though..not such a sweet tooth.

Brisbane Baker said...

How cute!

I totally agree with you there. I love the process but not eating them!

I'm making about 400 cupcakes not next week, but the one after and I think I might just be in heaven for 2 days :p

www.brisbanebaker.blogspot.com

Hilary said...

Ah, you're like me! Love to bake, but would rather snack on a bag of crisps...

Caroline's Cake Company said...

Love the Twilight cakes and the 'cupcake stand' - is that a candle holder? Looks great!

The Apple Hill Adventurer said...

I am even team jacob cupcake preference! haha .. mmm ginger snap ... mmm taylor lautner. YES PLEASE