photo m

Pages

20 Sep 2010

Baileys Cheesecake Brownies

I think Baileys is one of those drinks you either love or hate, much like Marmite spread (which I love love love).  I, for one, am in the hate party for Baileys.  I just can't get away with creamy drinks, white russians, pina coladas and slippery nipples are all dreaful in my eyes.  But, I am alone in my hatred of this drink, at least within my circle of friends, they could all drink the stuff from a shoe if it was offered to them.  So, it is with love and adoration of those friends that I decided to try out these delicious (or so I am told) brownies!


Just perfect for the Baileys drinker in your life, these brownies are so rich and delicious that they will pledge their heart to you forever!

Recipe taken from the lovely Jules of the late Domestic Goddess in Training.  Jules has since moved her blog over to Butcher, Baker which also includes some awesome posts from her husbands hands on approach to food gadgets.  If you ever thought of building your own tandoori oven in the back garden or pressing your own cheese in the shed this is the blog for you!

Baileys Cheesecake Brownies
Makes 16 small but undeniably rich brownies

Brownie mixture
110 g good quality dark chocolate
110 g butter
120 g golden caster sugar
60 g plain flour
2 free range eggs
glug of Baileys Irish Cream

Cheesecake mixture
225 g cream cheese (Philadelphia is best)
40 g caster sugar
1 egg
another generous glug of Baileys

1) Preheat the oven to 150oc then Line a 23 cm/8 inch square cake tin with baking parchment. Melt the chocolate with the butter in a bain marie. Remove from the heat, add the sugar and stir then leave to cool slightly.

2) Beat the eggs one at a time into the brownie mixture, beating until it is glossy. Stir in the Baileys until well combined then gradually fold in the flour then pour into the cake tin .

3) For the cheesecake mixture beat the cream cheese and sugar together. Add the egg and mix then stir in the Baileys until all is well combined. Top the levelled brownie mixture with the cheesecake mixture and using a knife, gently swirl it into the chocolate mixture.

4) Bake for 25-35 minutes, or until just set in the middle. Leave to cool in the tin for 15-20 minutes before cutting into squares and serving.

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

9 comments:

Maria♥ said...

I love Baileys and these brownies I would absolutely love! Definitely a must bake.

Maria
x

MessyCarla said...

Mmmm I love Baileys, but I don't like drinking it by itself - it always has to be in something. Like coffee, ice cream - or cake! ;) xxxx

Marie said...

These look amazing - will make them this weekend for my husband's birthday.

Katie said...

I'm with you I don't like Baileys as a drink but I've had it in desserts before and quite liked it. The brownies look fab and I certainly wouldn't turn them down!

Megan said...

Can't tolerate those super sugary drink concoctions, but could easily see my way to eat a few brownies!

Eliana said...

Baileys in these brownies sounds absolutely perfect to me :)

Helen said...

hmm they sound lovely! I love baileys, especially in coffee. I think these would be lovely with some espresso powder added in to the chocolate mixture too.

Jeannie said...

Hi! I just stumbled into your blog and am loving the look of these brownies! Delicious!

aliceeliza said...

I am going to attempt to make these little beauties this afternoon, wish me luck! xoxo