27 Oct 2010

Afternoon Tea: Jesmond Dene House

Today was a good day, today was a day filled with tasty delicious treats drenched in lashings of my favorite Ringtons Tea!  I must have been a good girl this week as my wonderful fiancĂ© decided to whisk me off for afternoon tea at one of Newcastle's most beautiful hotels, Jesmond Dene House.  


Without a moments hesitation I threw on a pretty dress, grabbed my trusty camera and jumped into the car.  Jesmond Dene House is one of my very favorite places to stop and while away the hours, often with a glass of champagne in my hand and my dear father as company.

Unfortunately for my camera, the lighting was very dim thus making my usual snap happy approach to photography difficult.  However with a lot of experimenting with settings and even some on camera flash/napkin combinations, I managed to get a few usable shots for my dear readers. 


I fell head over heels in love with this tea strainer, to the point where I was working out elaborate schemes in which I could snaffle it away in my bag. Alas my conscience would not allow and the strainer stayed put!
When the stand of treats was placed upon our table I could hardly keep my eyes still, I felt like a kid at Christmas in the presence of all this mouth watering confectionery.  The patisserie tier was by far my favorite containing a lemon macaroon, a weeny blackberry trifle, chocolate sables, chocolate & almond financiers and an adorable fig tart.


The chocolate sable was enough to see me off, I managed half before I retired my spoon and slumped back into my chair in a cake induced coma!


Not before I finished my tea of course!

6 comments:

Helen said...

Ooh yum! I love afternoon tea. Your dress here is very pretty too.

Katie said...

Looks like a wonderfully indulgant way to spend an afternoon. Nice to see a few more exciting options than just scones and sarnies. Love the tea strainer too!

Becky said...

This brings back memories of my own trips to Jesmond Dene when I was little! I'd love to go again :)

Katiecakes said...

Ahh thanks Helen, it's a Topshop special :p

xox

Indie.Tea said...

It looks like a beautiful place to have afternoon tea. And those little sweet bites are gorgeous!

that kate said...

Oh boy this looked so good! I used to go to school in Jesmond but in those days i was too young to appreciate how amazing afternoon tea can be!