23 Oct 2010

Awesome things I bought in America - Part One

As you can imagine, when it came to packing up my vacation clothes and leave Florida I was in a wee bit of a pickle.  While in the good old US of A I discovered and promptly fell head over heals in love with the amazing Williams Sonoma.  Much to my friends dismay I spent hours browsing through the cake pans, raking through the cookie presses and drooling over the delicious pie fillings.  They could have their roller coasters and water slides, I had pocket pie molds to buy!

So ridiculously excited was I to get home and play with my new toys that I spent the rest of the holiday dreaming about my lovely little kitchen and all the tasty things I could bake with my new found goodies.  And what delighted me even more was I get to share it all with you. So, here we are with my 'Awesome Things I Bought in America - Part One'.  Are you excited?  I sure am!



This was actually the last thing I bought before coming home.  I mulled the purchase over for my full two weeks before returning to the mall to snap them up.  The issue of forcing them into my already bulging suitcase is a whole other story.

I am in love with these cutters.  Though I don't think I've perfected the recipe yet, I had some issues with cracking and blistering and I feel I was a little too light on the stamping but the taste sure makes up for it. They are delicious! Among the best sugar cookies I have ever had the pleasure of eating.   They can be emblazoned with anything your heart desires, from the traditional 'I Love You' to a cheeky 'Bite Me'.  Maybe this year I'll substitute Christmas cards with personalised cookies.

12 comments:

ByMyFairHand said...

That shop is amazing, I browse it online all the time and drool uncontrollably at all the loveliness. I'm planning a trip to Florida next year and I fully intend on dumping all my clothes and bringing home a suitcase full of cake pans and other kitcheny goodness! :)

Katiecakes said...

Haha, honestly I did exactly that. I kept turning up in my friends bedrooms with sun dresses and sandals trying to palm them off :p

Katie xox

Caroline's Cake Company said...

I've LOVED these cutters for a while and I'm so jealous that you have them!!

Helen said...

Ahh Williams Sonoma! I'm the same and also drool over the online shop for hours. That cookie cutter is a great idea - it's be really cute as wedding favours with the couples names on them or something.

Katiecakes said...

That's exactly what I was thinking. I may have to mock up some wedding favours this weekend :p

Katie xox

Anne said...

I always leave room in my suitcase specifically to bring kitchen stuff home! ;-) Glad you had a great trip!

I've never been to a williams-sonama but we were gifted a gorgeous set of their pasta dishes a few years back, which are very well used now! I don't think I would trust myself alone in a branch though judging by their website!!

Chele said...

I imagine a lot of us placed in your shoes would have done the exact same thing as you Katie. Can't wait to see what else you've returned with ;0)

Les rêves d'une boulangère (Brittany) said...

They're so cool! What a fantastic buy.

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

What cute cookies! Those cutter must be fun to use.

Cheers,

Rosa

Tracey said...

Love the cookies-they look so cute! I also love Williams Sonora and Sur La Table (I discovered both while I was in the USA)!

Janice said...

They are so cute. I've brought a few things back from the US too ;)

emily said...

cute!