12 Nov 2010

Cupcake Fun

Has anyone noticed how good Tesco have been to the blogging world recently?  Every day I open my Google Reader to find a lucky fashion blogger showcasing some beautiful clothing from the new Tesco range (which is fab for a supermarket range, isn't it?!).  There I was, jealous of everyone thinking how fashion bloggers get all the breaks when into my inbox popped a lovely little email from who else but Tesco.  Not only have they been clothing the best dressed bloggers around but they're also launching an awesome Christmas cupcake decorating competition!  Wow, try saying that ten times fast!

All you have to do is bake yourself a pretty little cupcake and make an already adorable creation beautiful!  Two winners will get to spend an afternoon cooking alongside a delicious celebrity chef while ten runners up will be gifted a lovely cupcake decorating kit which looks suspiciously like this....







So, what are you waiting for?!  And if you fancy a little inspiration, here is what I whipped up this afternoon!



Let the baking commence!

17 comments:

LilaVanilla said...

Beautiful cupcakes, my husband has volunteered me to make 48 christmas themed cuppies for my daughter's schools christmas fayre, maybe I'll send enter some of those... XX

Chele said...

Ooooooh that does sound like great fun. Love the snowflakes by the way.

Jacqueline said...

Thay are both brilliant. I saw the comp, but won't be entering. I ust have no skill at decorating cupcakes. Need much more practise first :)

the crafty currant said...

Gorgeous ... As usual!! Where did you get such a tiny gingerbread man cutter??

E is for Eleanor said...

Oh wow! Very tempted by this comp! Tesco are great with bloggers aren't they? I've benefitted from them, and they've been very lovely to deal with! x

Katiecakes said...

You should defiantly enter Elle! It's so much fun decorating cupcakes :D

Jules, I got them from Oil and Vinegar but they went out of business a few years ago. I miss it loads, their chilli and garlic dipping sauce was to die for!!

Katie xox

daisychain said...

WOW, what an amazing idea.

((*thinks you should win for being awesome*))

PinkBow said...

my friend bought me these miniature gingerbread men from m&s last weekend!

Katiecakes said...

Can you buy the weeny ones? I painstakingly made 48 of those little buggers! Damn you M&S! :p

xoxo

Gawgus things... said...

Oh wow! What fantastic cakes - you're a genius! x

gleenn said...

Aw, I love seeing cute cupcakes but I'm not really fond eating them. But if it's banana cupcake, I can't help but love it. :)

Win our Perricone giveaway worth $150

Win an Orient Watch USA worth $285

Elisa @ Globetrotting in Heels said...

Those are gorgeous! And I bet they are delicious, too :-)

Need a test subject? ;-)

Sarah, Maison Cupcake said...

My box arrived today! I can't wait to get baking!

George's Mum said...

I love your snowflake cakes... I also got a box from Tesco but haven't had a chance to do anything yet!! Happy I found your blog today x

Diary of a Wannabe Domestic Goddess said...

Just found your blog and love the competion. I don't think I've entered anything since I was about 6 years old! Your cupcakes look absolutely fabulous. FLL x

kat said...

These look so scrumptious!!
I love Ginger bread men and that's such a neat idea to add mini ones to the cakes.
Hopefully I shall get to try some of your delights at some point :)
Luv kat xx

Melody Fury - GourmetFury.com said...

What a stunning holiday recipe! Would you like to submit it to my contest to win a cookbook? Just wanting to share the holiday cheer (and exposure to your blog) Would love for you to win :) http://ow.ly/3j61M