31 Jan 2011

Treasured Possessions


It's no secret that I'm a huge Harry Potter fan.  I have all of the films, books (including the limited edition comic relief school books) and even a full Hogwarts costume consisting of cloak, scarf, tie and wand.  Out of my full collection, this book is my favorite, the limited edition copy of Beedle the Bard.  I just love the huge, antique style tome hiding this wonderfully Gothic copy of the book.  

Funnily enough, most of my treasured items are in fact books. Big beautiful hardbacks of my favorite classics, something I can pass down to my children.

What are some of your most treasured possessions? 

6 comments:

Butter Hearts Sugar said...

Gasp I'm very jealous, thats a very beautiful book! Do you have the cook book? its not official harry but its fun anyway.

emily said...

From one Potter fan to another can i just say; j.e.a.l.o.u.s!
Some of my treasured possessions are books too, I have a gorgeous, very old, falling to bits hardback copy of Peter Pan which I am too afraid to read in case I damage it somehow. I have an array of jewelry from my mum, including a gorgeous pair of droplet 60's silver earrings with etchings on them which I'm determined to wear (one day) at my wedding. I have a few bits of china and glass from my grandmother and a beautiful emerald ring which was originally my great grandmothers.
It's clear that for me it's any item with a family history..... can't believe they've trusted me with these things really!
Oh, and I love a set of red wine glass' I found at a boot sale a few years back. And a pair of pony skin, zebra striped stiletto's that I adore.

Les rêves d'une boulangère (Brittany) said...

Oh I'm a fan of Harry Potter too! That book is really interesting. I like the blue jewels on it.

I'd say that my most treasured material possession would be a lot of my cookbooks and at the moment my brand new bike.

Katiecakes said...

A Harry Potter cook book?! Why don't I own this?!

Katie xox

A said...

I am so jealous! That book is beautiful.
A nice big Canadian Oxford Dictionary, my Harry Potter books (one of which has be signed by Gary Oldman!), The Lord of the Rings extended editions, and some clothes are probably my most treasured possessions.

sophie isabelle said...

I have this too! It's my most prized item! :)