photo m

Pages

13 Feb 2011

Cookies and Cream Brownies

Everybody loves brownies, everybody loves Oreo cookies so when I saw Lorraine Pascale put the two together in her current show Baking Made Easy I just had to give it a go! 


I'm not a fan of those weeny small brownies, I just don't see the point of baking in a 8" square pan when you can use something bigger and reap more chocolatey goodness from your efforts.  So girls, ignore those piddly square pan recipes and have a go at my fool proof, add anything you desire and bake it in a big pan brownies!



Katies Cookies and Cream Brownies

Ingredients:

250g good quality plain chocolate (70% solids are best)
250g butter
350g caster sugar
5 large free range eggs
150g plain flour
4 packs of mini oreo cookies or 1 pack of regular sized cookies roughly broken

Method:

Preheat the oven to 175C and line a 13" by 9" brownie pan with baking paper or do what I do and use a disposable foil tray!

Melt the butter and chocolate together in a large saucepan over a low heat, stirring constantly to prevent the mixture catching.  Once the mixture is fully combined and smooth take the pan off the heat and add the sugar, mixing with a large balloon whisk.  Once sugar is combined whisk the eggs together in a large bowl and add to the brownie mixture, mixing till smooth.  Add the flour and a third of the pack of cookies (or 2 packs of the minis) stirring till combined.

Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and crumble the remaining cookies over the top. No need to crumble if using the minis, just sprinkle them evenly, pressing them in slightly.

Bake in the middle of the preheated oven for 35 minutes. The top should be papery and cracked where the middle should be delightfully gooey!  Leave to cool before cutting and arranging the brownies on your favorite cake stand and dusting with a blanket of icing sugar.

Serve with a mug of steaming tea and enjoy!



 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

12 comments:

Rachel Lucas said...

I've been making these for a while as part of my Brownie of the Month slot on my Farmer's Market stall...yours look yummy, absolutely! I'd love to join you for that cup of tea - mine's Earl Grey with no sugar, thanks! Great blog x

Jacqueline said...

I love brownies! Adding the oreo cookies was inspired. I would love to bite into one of those right now. *drool*

ABowlOfMush said...

Wow these look super delicious!!

Anne said...

I couldn't help but smile at your words 'big pan brownies'! :)

Love the idea of cookies in the brownies, they look all fudgy and delicious!

Cats_cupcakes said...

Ooo i saw these and went out and bought the book! Amazing idea combining oreos and brownies! Yours look fab :)

Becky said...

These are brilliant!

Chele said...

What a treat! Can't go wrong with brownies and oreo's ;0)

daisychain said...

DROOOLING.

tam said...

You just answered my oreo dreams! X X

Maria said...

They look amazing :) I saw them on her show too and have never thought of adding in cookies befor- I have only added in nuts or dried fruit. But I bet they are sooooo good! :)

Les rêves d'une boulangère (Brittany) said...

How appealing! I love biting into a brownie to find a special chocolate treat in there.

Maria♥ said...

I'm making these brownies this weekend, can't wait! They look and sound heavenly :)

Maria
x