photo m

Pages

30 Apr 2011

The Royal Wedding

How amazing was the Royal Wedding? I've been excited for this historic event since the engagement was announced, counting down the weeks until the day was finally upon us and I got to gaze upon the spectacular beauty that was Kate Middleton's (or should I say Princess Catherine) dress.  The bodice is very similar to my wedding dress but luckily the skirt I picked is worlds apart.  We might both share the regal name of Catherine Elizabeth but sharing wedding dresses is a whole different game!

For the day itself I loaded up the car with delicious treats and headed to my mums where the whole house was decorated in bunting, flags and royal wedding memorabilia.  Perfect!

 

I finally had my first cup of tea from the souvenir mug I received with my Royal Afternoon Tea at Harvey Nichols.  



Victoria Sponge Cake, of course!
Malteser Squares
Mothers Cheese and Tomato Pie.

Selection of veggie sandwiches.

Homemade Mini Cheddars

The edible Royal Couple.

The groaning table or treats!






What a perfect occasion to break out my most prized possession.  The stunning Edwardian set of pearls my dear father gifted to me on my 21st Birthday.  Any excuse to wear pearls!

If you'd like to see individual blog posts on any of the treats in the post leave me a comment and I'll get right on it ;)







 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

22 comments:

Kevin and Julie's Blog said...

How fun and all those treats look amazing! Wish I would have gone to your moms house with you ;). The wedding was amazing!

Becky said...

This looks amazing!

Kate said...

Wasn't it just the most lovely celebration! I love the mug! Is it possible to have the mini chedders recipe? Thank you very much!
Katescakesandbakes

Jesica said...

it's so beautifulll, love ur photos and yummy cakes =D

Jenny said...

That looks like quite a feast. I've been looking for a good Malteaser cake recipe for a while, any chance you could share it? They look amazing!

Jenny said...

That looks like quite a spread! Perfect for the wedding! I've been looking for a good Malteaser cake recipe, any chance you could share it with us? Thanks!

Katiecakes said...

Oooh, two requests. I'll do a separate blog post on the cheddars and the Malteser cake in the next week :) They were both fab!

Katie xox

Heather said...

What a great way to celebrate, and it looked like it was soooo much fun. All those treats looked to die for.
xoxo behindthelashes.com

daisychain said...

that mug is quite incredible!

E is for Eleanor said...

Everything looks amazing! It puts my efforts to shame haha! x

normalityandme said...

Can't stop thinking about that mug since you first posted about it, love it! looks like you had a lovely day too x

StyleFrost said...

I wish I was at this tea party! Love the layout,delicious food, especially that victoria sponge! x

Rachel said...

This looks so sweet, you're table is to die for!
also, i'm craving a souvenir Kate and Wills mug so much but they're a bit hard to come by in OZ

Rachel
xoxo

haribohats said...

They all look amazing, especially your mum's pie, the malteaser squares and the homemade mini cheddars ! xx

Ivana said...

This is such a great post! I was so excited for the wedding, and I surely wasn´t disappointed :)
And I´m voting for the Malteser Squares and Edible Royal Couple recipes: they look simply DELICIOUS!

xx Ivana

http://styleinthecityen.blogspot.com

Heaven is a Cupcake said...

What a lovely spread! We had tea and scones for breakfast followed by an indoor picnic. It was such a great day and nice to see everyone celebrating.

Amanda said...

Gorgeous photography, as always! Now if only you could share those delicious treats with me, I'd be a really happy girl.

Correen said...

Ooh your mum set a lovely table! Loved all the close-up shots, I nibbled each bite in my head ;)

Coleen said...

Simply delightful.

Maria♥ said...

What a yummy spread!

Maria
x

Tresamie said...

The mini-cheddars look great! Are you willing to post the recipe?

Jo said...

The bunting on the edges of the mug is adorable!

x
www.lostinthehaze.com