photo m

Pages

20 May 2011

Chocolate Chambord Madeleines

I have a little obsession with my liqueur cabinet.   I'm finding it increasingly difficult to navigate myself past the booze isle in supermarkets without inspecting the array of colourful bottles for unusual spirits.  I often find myself in the alcohol section of Fenwicks partaking in my never ending search for creme de cacao blanc before giving in and buying such divine sounding potions as violet liqueur.  It's got to the point now where I'm looking for any and every excuse to whip these bottles out and put them to good use.  That's where these Chocolate Chambord Madeleines come in.


I defy you to be able to resist having a bottle of Chambord nestled among the bottles of Hendricks and Absolut.  Such a beautiful bottled specimen should be a regular part of your life, get it out, use it, enjoy it!


These madelines are so beautiful, so tasty and so damned naughty!  With just a subtle hint of black raspberry they're just the perfect accompaniment to a night in with the girls and of course, a Chamboard Cosmopolitan.


Chocolate Chambord Madeleines

Ingredients:
80g plain flour , 1 tbsp removed for dusting
½ tsp baking powder
20g ground almonds
2 tbsp cocoa , plus extra for dusting
75g golden caster sugar
2 large eggs 
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tbsp Chambord Liqueur
90g unsalted butter , melted, plus extra for buttering the tin 
  
Method:
Sift the flour, baking powder, ground almonds and cocoa with a pinch of salt. Butter a 12-hole madeleine tin and dust each hole with a little of this mixture. Whisk the sugar and eggs with electric beaters until thick, pale and fluffy. Gently fold in the flour mix, vanilla, Chambord and butter. Cover the surface of the mix with clingfilm and chill for 30 minutes. 

Heat the oven to 200C, 180C Fan. Fill each cavity with 1 heaped tbsp of mix. Bake for 10 minutes or until risen and springy. Tap the tin to loosen and tip out. Dust with cocoa and serve warm.

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

18 comments:

Suelle said...

They look very pretty! What sort of flavour does the Chambord have?

Manderley said...

Hummm so good!
Regards

Nicole said...

They look delcious!

www.simple-fabulous.blogspot.com

Jen - Domestic Angel of the North said...

These look amazing! I think I'll stick to Chambord in my gin cocktails until I have a madeleine pan. :-)
Fenwick's should have Creme de Cacao Blanc - I bought some in there before Christmas to make grasshopper pie.

Kate said...

Liquor in cake and chocolate and cake AND cocktails? The absolute perfect night in- I'd be scoffing the lot myself though, never mind inviting the girls round!

thelittleloaf said...

These look delicious - I love baking with different liquers too but haven't tried Chambourd. You should post the cocktail recipe too!

Choclette said...

How fantastic do these sound - well very. Madeleines are still on my to bake list. Have yet to acquire a tin. Really like the sound of your collection of liqueurs too.

Ivana said...

Mhmmmm, this looks so delicious! I love incorporating the liquors into my baking, it´s always so tasty and unexpected!

xx Ivana

http://styleinthecityen.blogspot.com

daisychain said...

please start doing mail order.

soundless_space said...

My madeleines never come out of the pan as well as those, how gorgeous! The Chambord is a unique and delicious addition :)

Krystle & Felicity said...

These look delicious indeed! x

Danni said...

Oh my god Katie...you've no idea how long I've been waiting to see the results of your chambord/madeleine tin creation - it looks divine! I second Laura's motion- cake in the post please! x

Claire said...

We are always on a hunt for creme de cacao blanc too. It is the best for chocolate martini's!
Last year we got it in harvey nics edinburgh but it's not been in recently :(

Sarah, Maison Cupcake said...

Oh these look perfection! Booze and cake, what could be better?

Laura (Recetas Trucos y Tips) said...

they look delicious

saludos desde EspaƱa
:)

http://recetastrucosytips.blogspot.com

nathalie said...

Ooo, I have all the ingredients! I definitely need to try these. Lovely!

www.cookbookgoodness.blogspot.com

nathalie said...

Ooo, I have all the ingredients! I definitely need to try these. Lovely!

www.cookbookgoodness.blogspot.com

nathalie said...

Ooo, I have all the ingredients! I definitely need to try these. Lovely!

www.cookbookgoodness.blogspot.com