photo m

Pages

30 Jun 2011

Afternoon Tea: Seaham Hall

Seaham Hall is somewhere I've known of for many years now. Friends and family members have had delightful sounding spa days, delicious meals and have even worked in their prestigious kitchens, but I have never before experienced what they have to offer.  I'm not one for being poked, prodded and smeared with cleansing mud so I was left with the arduous task of sampling their afternoon tea menu, what a hardship.




That morning I had a few errands to run so we left the house on an empty stomach, a single cup of tea fueling my energy levels.  By 3pm I was famished and raking through my bag for lone sweeties, long since left over from my many cinema food smuggles. Our tummies grumbling we opted for the Full Afternoon Tea, still a little worried we may leave unfulfilled. Oh how wrong we were.






We were presented with a selection of sandwiches, a perfectly formed sausage roll which had Kris moaning with delight, both savory and sweet scones, and several cakes including my very favorite, chocolate banana bread.  Even with this eye pleasing bounty the lovely waiter then emerged from the kitchen carrying two fruit tarts, compliments of the chef, how wonderful!


By the time we'd munched and chomped our way through this banquet of treats I was around seven pounds heavier and eying up the chaise lounge opposite, itching for an afternoon snooze.  

I would highly recommend Seaham Hall for your Afternoon Tea requirements, but please, do make sure you're hungry and wear loose fitting clothes. Don't say I didn't warn you!

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

7 comments:

Cake Poppins said...

You've whetted my appetite now! Love your blog, the photos are stunning

Driving Miss Dolly said...

this looks delightful! I live quite near so will have to try :) can you go for just afternoon tea or does it have to be part of a package?

LilaVanilla said...

This all looks lovely, especially the tarts. I'm very jealous!

Kate@katescakesandbakes said...

What a glorious afternoon tea! The pictures, as always, are beautiful.

Manderley said...

Wonderful!

xo

Nat said...

My boyfriend works in a similar establishment; the high tea is very similar! He says that the cakes are the highlight of his day as he gets to eat the leftovers ;)

Dolly Daydream said...

Oh my goodnees, this all looks wonderful. I think ive just died and gone to heaven, by simply looking at these pictures!

http://oliviadollydaydream.blogspot.com/