photo m

Pages

11 Aug 2011

Rolo Cupcakes

Due to an offer I deemed as too good to be true at my local corner shop, I found myself in possession of an abundance of Rolos.  I'm a sucker for a special offer, especially one concerning delicious chocolate covered toffee sweeties!  When I returned home I was confronted with a feeling of guilt, I couldn't possibly eat all of these Rolos myself and no way could I let Kris loose on them.  There was only one thing for it, Rolo Cupcakes!


Take you favorite chocolate cupcake recipe, press a single Rolo into the batter of each cup and bake as normal!  Top with caramel buttercream, melted chocolate and your last Rolo. Specially for the one you love most, you!  

Need a little insperation, find my go to chocolate cupcake recipe below.  

Bon Appetit!


Katies Chocolate Cupcakes!

Ingredients:
175g unsalted butter
175g soft light brown sugar
175g self raising flour
3 large eggs
1tsp baking powder
4tbsp cocoa powder
2tbsp milk

Method:
Preheat the oven to 180C - 160C fan and line a cupcake tray with 12 liners.

In a large bowl sift together the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder. Set aside.

Place the butter and sugar in an electric mixer and mix until light and creamy. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well between each addition.  Add the flour mixture in one go ensuring all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.  Stir in milk.

Fill the cupcake liners to 2/3 full and bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean.

Allow to cool in the pan for five minutes before removing to finish cooling on a rack.

Decorate as desired.

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

18 comments:

Eliana said...

They look perfectly delicious Katie! And almost too good to eat. Great recipe.

MissMathful said...

they look absolutely amazing... would be great if you could let me know how to make caramel buttercream, i dont have a recipe :D thanks

www.missmathful.blogspot.com

Jacqueline said...

I make cookies with a rolo in them, but never thought of putting one in a muffin. These look divine Katie :)

Jo said...

Brilliant idea, I can only imagine how delicious a gooey rolo would be inside a chocolate cupcake! Did you use dulce de leche for the caramel flavour in your buttercream?

Nom! The Indulgent Baking Blog said...

these look incredible! nom!!

How To Be Perfect said...

Oh yes please! I love a rolo me, especially when baked into a cupcake. x

Kate@katescakesandbakes said...

Ahh, what a great recipe Katie- I love the idea of a gooey-Rolo surprise on biting into to one ot these. The only problem I'd have is not eating all the Rolos prior to baking! And does the last Rolo Cupcake go to someone special??

Chele said...

OMG! Love them, so pretty ... but I reckon I could be tempted to eat them ;0)

Janice said...

I think you are on to a winner there Katie!

Kc said...

Yum they look so tasty!! :) I LOVE rolos so much! :)

Kc

http://a-sparkley-silver-lining.blogspot.com/

aliceeliza said...

These look incredible! Yum! xoxo

life in the wendy house said...

If only I was able to put my hand through the screen and eat these beauties...Probably a good job I can't actually or I may be the size of a house (: Will definitely be giving these a go! x

♥ Sadie ♥ said...

Mmm, they look seriously yummy!!

Sadie xx

www.brandnewbutterflywings.com

Nicola said...

They look so delicious! I bought three packets of rolos a while back with the intention of making rolo cupcakes, but they didn't get that far..

Cara said...

Those look amazing. :) x

littledollface said...

Oh my Katie, these look amazing! I'm going to give them a go next weekend. Can't wait to try them out. x

Victoria said...

Definitely going to give these a go! x

Haley McAdams said...

Another really yummy recipe Katie! I am becoming one of your loyal readers that keeps coming back for more recipes! Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe with us. I'll making these cupcakes before I take my TABC Certification Online.