photo m

Pages

25 Sep 2011

Sticky Apple and Gingerbread Pecan Loaf

The best thing about the colder months just has to be the food.  Everything gets so rich, so deep and so delectably, rib stickingly comforting.  I'm choosing to ignore the fact that there is heat wave on its way and the sun is currently bleating through my back door, instead closing my eyes and imagining howling wind and rain beating upon the window.  My imaginary land is the perfect place for this cake, screw you sun, I'm Autumns girl!  


This loaf is just so delicious and if you can't face eating it all yourself right away, wrap it in cling film and it should keep for up to five days.  Not only that, but it actually gets taster with age.  Much like Alan Rickman.... mmmmm!



Sticky Apple & Gingerbread Pecan Loaf

Ingredients:
150g unsalted butter
150g soft dark brow sugar
150g golden syrup
200ml milk
250g plain flour
1tsp cinnamon
1tsp ground ginger
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
2 large free range eggs
50g pecans, roughly chopped
3 balls of stem ginger, chopped
2 eating apples, peeled, cored and chopped into chunks.

Method:
Preheat the oven to 180C / 160C fan.  Grease and line a 2ltr loaf tin.  Melt the butter, sugar and syrup in a small pan, stir through the milk and allow to cool.

Sift the flour with the dry spices and baking powder into a bowl, make a well in the center and pour in the cooled milk mixture.  Stir through with a wooden spoon using a circular motion. Fold in the eggs, pecans, ginger and apple.

Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf tin and bake for 50 minutes. Cool for five minutes in the tin, the remove to a wire rack.  Serve warm, cold, toasted or slathered with cream. However you will :)

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

8 comments:

Chele said...

Well ... I'm summer's girl, BUT, I would quite happily have a slice of this on a plate beside my cuppa as I sit on the balcony ;0)

Kate@whatkatebaked said...

Haha- I love that this cake is really Alan Rickman in disguise! I absolutely agree about Autumnal food- bring on the comfort factor!

Nom! The Indulgent Baking Blog said...

this looks gorgeous!!! I'm an Autumn girl too! xx

Nom!

Nelly said...

I am all about the autumn, best weather, best food, best clothes... I am Autumns girl for sure!

Oh and Alan Rickmans!

MissMathful said...

wow this looks so yummy and moist :D

www.missmathful.blogspot.com

Laura Wynn said...

ahaha. For starters: this looks AMAZING and 2: I LOVE that you compared it to Alan Rickman. yum! ;)

Jazzy E (hivenn) said...

I can't believe how yum this looks. x hivenn

Janice said...

Looks gorgeous.