photo m

Pages

4 Oct 2011

Raspberry & White Chocolate Blondies

As a final farewell (and good riddance) to the summer and, hopefully, this dreadful heat wave I decided to utilise the final batch of raspberries I had stashed in the freezer and whip up some raspberry blondies.  For a touch of luxury I used my last bars of Lindt Touch of Vanilla white chocolate, flecked with tiny vanilla seeds it took all of my will power not to just eat it straight out of the packet.


These are so lovely, the slight burning of the butter adds a delicious caramel flavour and the vanilla chocolate is so delicate.  Studded with crimson raspberries these blondies are perfect to see off the sun.  So, bake some blondies, enjoy the last of the heat and prepare your scarves and hats for the forthcoming chill.  Hurrah!

Raspberry & White Chocolate Blondies
(from BBC Good Food Magazine)

Ingredients:
200g unsalted butter , plus extra for the tin
150g white chocolate , roughly chopped
300g light muscovado sugar 
3 large free range eggs 
200g plain flour
¼ tsp table salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
125g raspberries

Method: 
Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Butter, then line, a shallow rectangular tin, approx 25cm x 22cm. Melt the butter in a pan, then cook gently for about 5 minutes, until the white solids turn golden and the butter smells biscuity and sweet. Cool for 5 minutes, then add half the white chocolate and set aside for a couple of minutes to melt. Stir until smooth. 

Use electric beaters to whisk the muscovado sugar and eggs together for about 2 minutes until thick and pale. Tip in the flour, salt, cooled chocolatey butter and vanilla, then fold in with a metal spoon or spatula until even. 

Pour the mix into the tin, then scatter with the rest of the chocolate and the raspberries. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until risen all over, with a dark golden crust. Cool completely in the tin, then cut into squares.

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

11 comments:

Sumaiyyah said...

I think the blondies look lovely! I've yet to experiment with white chocolate in baking... I'm not a big fan. I think. Maybe I should stop thinking that and make this. Though I'd need to replace the raspberries with something else, they are MIGHTY expensive here in Malaysia!

Lippylash said...

These are delicious! Made them once but gonna try out your way!

Mal said...

These look wonderful, I love that there are raspberries in them, yum!

http://chicgeekery.blogspot.com/

Yanina said...

Una exquisitez al paladar y a la vista! Espectacular tu receta! Besos =)

MissMathful said...

i made these recently and they didnt cook very well, they were nice but still mostly raw in the middle section :(

www.missmathful.blogspot.com

daisychain said...

Mm, these look amazing! I always find brownies cook better than blondies, it's most odd.

Manderley de GuindillayCanela said...

Yumm, it's a wonderful recipe.

xo

Choclette said...

Ooh, I bet these are wonderful. I used to make Nigella's burnt butter cupcakes a lot and the butter gave them a delicious nutty caramel flavour. Will have to see if I an get my hands on some raspberries because these look like a must bake.

Kate@whatkatebaked said...

I'm so impressed you resisted eating the delicious sounding Lindt chocolate! I think if I made these they would be titled simply 'Raspberry Blondies'...

Jo said...

These look lovely! Raspberry and white chocolate has got to be one of the best flavour combinations. I usually make almond and white chocolate blondies but think I have to do raspberry next time.

MissCakeBaker said...

These look soooooo good!