9 Jan 2012

Cupcake Push Pops


I recently stumbled upon an amazing idea, an idea so amazing yet so simple that I can't believe I didn't think of it earlier.  That idea is, wait for it.... cupcake push pops!!  Awesome, right?!  I used to love push pops when I was a kid, then when posh pops became like, so totally passé, ring pops were my new love.  Any new and novel way to eat something sweet and I was first in line, pocket money in my clammy, clenched fist.  So when I discovered these cupcake versions I instantly purchased the containers and baked up a batch.  Needless to say my friends were super impressed.  Ooohs and ahhhs were soon drowned out by mmmms as the adorable treats were devoured in an instant.  



The thing I love most about these push pops are the simplicity behind them.  All it takes is a batch of your favorite mini cupcakes, your favorite frosting, some cases and hey presto, you can make push pops.  Just pop a mini cupcake into the case, top with frosting and repeat.  Add a few cute sprinkles and you're ready to paint the town red.


Even little Muffin enjoys them.

Now, if you excuse me.  I have more cupcake push pops to make. 


Lil tip from me, a champagne flute is the perfect size to hold your cases as you pipe.  Just saying ;)

16 comments:

Shadow said...

Ooh lovely. And how lovely do you look too :-)
E x

Angie said...

THE KITTY! <3 too adorable!

Domonique Wilson said...

Love this idea!It makes it so much easier to eat your cupcake on the go :)

eversojuliet said...

These are gorgeous! Such a sweet idea x

Helena said...

These are adorable!

Vintage Chick said...

These look so pretty and dainty. Can't wait to have a go. xx

Rose said...

I love these & I love that last photo of you!
Gorgeous! xx

The Londoner

princeproductions said...

Really love your blog! You always have wonderful ideas! Love your cat too :)

daisychain said...

utter brilliance, I love them!

Jo said...

Those are just too cute for words, and so simple like you say!

Kiki said...

Where did you get the push pop forms?

thelittleloaf said...

These are totally inspired, what a cute idea! I love the fact that you get two little cakes in one pop. And your cat is so sweet :-)

MissMathful said...

what a great idea :D

www.missmathful.blogspot.com

purelyfood said...

I loved push pops too! Such a great idea for cake too.

MikeDU said...

Wow, you're very creative! http://www.dalcohvac.com

madhu said...

You are adorable! :-)