photo m

Pages

5 Oct 2012

Holidays are coming

I was recently contacted by Dotcomgiftshop asking to detail the best or worst Christmas gift I've ever received.  Normally I don't bother with posts like this, preferring to focus on food, but I'd like to take this opportunity to shame my naughty mother.

Since moving out of my mothers home seven years ago the thing I miss the most (other than freshly washed and ironed clothes) is Christmas morning.  Every morning I'd get up, pop my special Christmas morning PJs on, grab my stocking and shuffle into my little brothers room.  There I'd plop myself on the floor where myself and the boys would munch our way though our sweetie filled stockings while watching early morning Christmas cartoons until it was appropriate to descend upon the present filled living room.  Since moving out, my lovely family have kept this tradition going. I still drive over at 7am in my PJs, help myself to a stocking hung on my old bedroom door and awaken the boys for Robbie the Reindeer. You'd never believe I'm in my late (cough) twenties, would you..

One year everything happened as usual and we all descended the stairs quickly before launching into our gift wrapped wonderland.  As I was attacking my way through my presents I happened upon a large heavy package, I wonder what this could be I pondered.  I tore away the brightly coloured wrapping revealing the Desperate Housewives board game.  Now, I have never watched this show before in my life and my mother could not be further from a Desperate Housewives fan.  Confused I turned to her and held up the game with a raised eyebrow.  My mothers face went bright red as she tried to stifle her giggles.  After she calmed down and wiped the tears of laughter from her eyes she confessed she received the game from her secret santa at work and thought she could pass it off as an extra gift. 

Desperate Housewives is still a bit of a running joke in our home at Christmas.  I may even wrap up a copy of the DVD for an extra special mammy this year ;)

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

2 comments:

Laura Parsons said...

Getting up early waiting for it to be 7am so we could open our stockings was the hardest! My sister and I would find the presents that looked the same shape to avoid ruining the surprise for the other. I love family Christmas traditions :-)

Ileana said...

This looks delicious!!! :D
xoxo

novelstyle.blogspot.com

p.s. Don't forget to check my Maison Martin Margiela with H&M GIVEAWAY ^^