Primrose Cupcakes

Sorry guys, no SMS yet again! I can't abide coffee or coffee flavoured things (with the exception of coffee revels which are divine) so this weeks selection of chocolate espresso cheesecake just didn't rock my world. I'm sure the coffee lovers found this one to die for so as usual check out their blogs for unbiased testimonies.

Instead I fancied something a bit sunnier and much lighter than a cheesecake so I decided to test out the lemon cupcake recipe from the Primrose Bakery Cookbook. I've used this book quite a few times and I just can't decided whether I prefer it to the much loved Hummingbird book so I pit it against one of my favorite HBB recipes, a simple lemon cupcake.


I have to admit, I much prefer the Hummingbird cupcake, they just weren't lemony enough for my tastes but the frosting from Primrose was far superior. Mainly because I didn't have to make a double batch to ice my cakes. Put them together and I think I have a winner! Lovely!
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home
PREMIUM BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig
.post-body img { max-width: 640px !important; height: auto !important; } .pinit-wrapper img { max-width: 125px !important; height: auto !important; }